Be honest: when you open your Easter basket treats, you make the chocolate bunny hop around, make a nest for your Cadbury Creme Eggs, and swim the Peeps chicks around an imaginary pond. After all, one of the best things about holiday candies is the excuse to play with your food! This year, The First Year shows us how to make presentation part of the fun with adorable Swimming Peeps Jell-O Cups for kids and kids-at-heart.
– 2 boxes blue Jell-O mix
– 2 cups boiling water
– 2 cups cold water
– 1 container Cool Whip
– Blue food coloring
– Chick Peeps
- Empty 2 boxes of blue Jell-O mix into a mixing bowl.
- Heat 2 (or a little more) cups of water in a tea pot or on a stove until boiling.
- Once it boils, measure out 2 cups and carefully pour it into the bowl with the Jell-O mix.
- Use a spatula to dissolve the powder, stirring for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of cold water to the bowl, and stir until combined.
- Divide the Jell-O among the bowls or glasses you want to use.
- Place them in the refrigerator for 4 hours, until they are completely set.
- Add a few drops of blue food coloring to a container of Cool Whip. Mix until the color is even.
- Top each Jell-O glass with a dollop of Cool Whip and a chick Peep.
So. Cute. These Peeps are ready to swim right onto your Easter table. Do you think you’ll try to make these Swimming Peeps? What are some of your other favorite ways to use the marshmallow treats?