Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
Looking for an easy snack that makes use of all those fresh-picked strawberries? Then you have come to the right place! Today we’re making Strawberry Oatmeal Bars, topped with just a touch of vanilla glaze for an extra sneak of sweetness. They’re super easy and super delicious, and all things considered, pretty healthy, too! Watch how they’re made, and add some strawberry flavor to your day.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
STRAWBERRY OATMEAL BARS
Makes 9 large bars
– 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
– ¾ cup all-purpose flour
– ½ cup brown sugar
– ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
– ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
– 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
– 1 tablespoon cornstarch
– 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (from about ½ small lemon)
– 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
– 2 cups (10 ounces) strawberries, diced small
– ½ cup powdered sugar, sifted
– ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius). Line a 9-inch-by-9-inch baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the oats, flour, brown sugar, ginger and salt together.
- Add the melted butter to the mixture and stir until thoroughly-combined.
- Reserve 1 cup of the mixture for the top of the bars and set aside. Press the rest of the mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Layer half of the strawberries over the crust, then evenly sprinkle the cornstarch and lemon juice over them. Add the remaining strawberries. Sprinkle the reserved crumble topping over the strawberries.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the crumble topping is brown and the strawberries are bubbling.
- Make the glaze by whisking the sifted powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Cool the strawberry bars to room temperature before drizzling with the glaze and cutting into squares.
Easy! Perfect for a snack, for breakfast, or even dessert! What do you think? Are there any other fruits you think could work with this recipe?
Recipe adapted from Strawberry Oatmeal Bars