How To Make Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast Casserole
Strawberry cheesecake french toast casserole. That is a mouthful. One delicious mouthful – or many, depending on how quickly you’re going to devour this amazing breakfast dish. This is not just french toast – it’s not even just the decadent cousin of french toast, the french toast casserole. This is a hearty helping of french toast casserole mixed with rich cream cheese frosting, sweet strawberries, and topped off warm from the oven with strawberry jam and maple syrup. In other words, it’s heaven. Imagine the look on your friends faces when you bring THIS to brunch this weekend. It’s going to be epic. Watch the video below to see how it’s done.
STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE
– Challah (or something similar)
– 12 eggs
– 1 cup Half and Half
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
– 1/3 cup maple syrup
– 1/2 tbsp. nutmeg
– 1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
– 8 oz. cream cheese
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
– 3/4 cup strawberry jam
– 3/4 cup maple syrup
2. Whisk the dozen eggs and add Half and Half, sugar, vanilla extract, syrup, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Whisk together.
3. Add in the bread pieces and cover them thoroughly with the egg mixture.
4. To make the topping, beat all the ingredients together and until combined.
5. In a casserole dish add a layer of the bread, a layer of chopped strawberries, and a layer of the cream cheese topping. Repeat.
6. Bake at 350 F. until golden brown.
7. Mix strawberry jam and maple syrup as an extra topping. Serve with generous amounts.