My wife loves strawberries so I decided to surprise her with a strawberry brownie. This little twist on the common chocolate brownie never fails to bring a smile to my friend’s faces. But they’re called for brownies because they’re brown. What do you call a strawberry that’s brownie-like? A Strawny? Check out the video below to see how easy they are to make:
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
If you’re staring at the back of the cake mix wondering why the quantity of eggs and oil differs compared to this recipe, it’s because a cake batter has a runnier consistency than brownie batter. By cutting out one egg and a little of the vegetable oil, you’ll have a stiffer, more-brownie-like consistency.
1 box (15.25 oz) Strawberry cake mix
2 large eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
½ cup white chocolate chips, optional
1 cup powdered sugar (also known as confectioners’ sugar)
2 Tbsp whole milk
½ tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F.
2. Spray a 9 x 13 glass baking pan with nonstick spray.
3. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir together the cake mix with the eggs and oil. It will be a thick batter.
4. Scrape the batter into the prepared baking pan, then sprinkle on the white chocolate chips, if using. Spread out the batter evenly in the pan.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until the brownies are brown around the edges of the pan and the middle looks set (if you poke the middle of the brownies with a toothpick, it should come out without any crumbs.
6. Cool the brownies completely. In the meantime, whisk the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla together to make the glaze. Pour over the brownies and spread out evenly with a spatula. Allow the glaze to set before cutting the brownies into squares.