Depending on where you live, strawberries are either just coming into season or near their height of bountiful, sweet summer goodness. One of our favorite things to do this time of year is, of course, go pick our own berries, and then discover all the different ways we can incorporate them into our favorite dishes. Our latest favorite lets us enjoy our favorite fruit as soon as we wake up: Strawberry Breakfast Rolls! If you automatically think “blueberry” when you think breakfast, you should definitely check out these rolls and see why you should let the red berries into your breakfast and brunch life. Watch!
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
STRAWBERRY BREAKFAST ROLLS
Makes 8 rolls
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
– 1 pound loaf premade bread dough, thawed
– ¾ cup strawberry jam
– 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
– 1½ cups confectioner’s sugar
– 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
– 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
– 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Dust a cutting board with flour and roll out the dough intoto a 14-inch-by-8-inch rectangle.
- Spread the jam on top of the dough, leaving a ½-inch border along the top. Sprinkle with the chopped strawberries.
- Fold the bottom inch up and over itself. Use both hands and continue to roll the dough up and away from you until you have a log roll.
- Using dental floss, cut the roll into 8 equal pieces.
- Spray a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- Arrange the cut rolls into the dish and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to rest in a warm place and proof until doubled in size, 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius) during the last 30 minutes of proofing.
- Once the dough has doubled, remove the plastic and bake for 25 to 35 minutes, until golden brown.
- While the rolls bake, prepare the glaze by whisking the confectioner’s sugar, melted butter, vanilla extract and milk together in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Allow the baked rolls to cool for 10 to 15 minutes, then drizzle with the glaze and serve.
Sweetly delicious! Don’t you think these rolls would be a great start to a summer day? Do you think you’ll give them a try? What other fruits do you think would work with this recipe?