Start AND End Your Day With Crock-Pot Cinnamon-Raisin Bread Pudding
Here at TipHero, we are big, big fans of the ease and convenience of a good slow cooker recipe, so it’s a cause for celebration whenever we discover a new one. Today we’re excited by this find from Gooseberry Patch, who show us how to make a warm and inviting Cinnamon-Raisin Bread Pudding perfect for breakfast, dessert, and all the meals in-between.
– 4 cups cinnamon-raisin bread, toasted and cubed
– 2 eggs
– 3/4 cup sugar
– 2 1/2 cup milk, heated to boiling and cooled
– 2 tablespoons butter, melted
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
– 1/8 teaspoon salt
– Garnish: whipped cream
- Spray your slow cooker with a non-stick vegetable spray.
- Add the bread cubes to the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar.
- Whisk in the milk, butter, vanilla extract, nutmeg and salt.
- Pour the mixture over the bread cubes.
- Mix well, pressing down so the bread will soak up the milk mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
Serve warm and topped with whipped cream.
I think I’m going to try making this overnight so I can wake up to the warm, cinnamon goodness. What about you? Will you give this one a try? Are there any other types of bread you think might work in this recipe? What are your other favorite slow cooker recipes?