Spicy Ranch Chicken Skillet
Cast-iron skillets just make everything taste better, especially when you’re making a southwestern-inspired dish. Case in point? This Spicy Ranch Chicken! Our new dinner favorite combines chicken with peppers, fire-roasted tomatoes, spicy ranch flavoring, rice and cheese for a dish that just screams with flavor. PLUS, it’s both easy AND a one-pot meal. What more could you want?
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
SKILLET SPICY RANCH CHICKEN
– 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
– 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
– ¼ yellow or red onion, chopped
– 1 packet Spicy Ranch Mix
– 1 red bell pepper, cored and chopped
– 1 green bell pepper, cored and chopped
– 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
– 1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
– 1 ½ cups instant brown rice
– ¾ cup low-sodium chicken stock
– 1 cup freshly grated cheddar cheese
– Cilantro, for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large (12-inch or larger) skillet. Add the onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the bell peppers and cook until softened.
- Add the chicken and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the Spicy Ranch Mix, black beans, fire-roasted diced tomatoes, instant brown rice and chicken stock, and mix thoroughly. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and cover. Allow to simmer and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked-through and the rice is tender.
- Add the cheddar to the top and shut off the heat. Cover and let sit for another minute to allow the cheese to melt.
- Serve with cilantro and, if you want, more cheese.
Yum! Definitely worthy of being added to the weekly dinner rotation. What do you think? What are some of your favorite dishes to make in your cast-iron skillet?