Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry
Looking to spice things up a bit? Try this easy chicken stir-fry to liven up those boring weekday dinners. It all comes together in one pan. Check out the video below to see how quickly it all comes together:
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced
¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup chicken broth
¼ cup honey
¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
2 medium garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp (or to taste) red pepper flakes
2 tsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp veg oil, divided
1 small onion, sliced
8 oz white or brown mushrooms, sliced
3 oz snap peas
3 oz sliced red bell pepper
8 oz broccoli
1. Combine the flour and chicken broth, whisking to prevent flour lumps in the sauce. Add the honey, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, pepper flakes, and garlic.
2. Reserve half of the sauce for adding after the chicken is cooked, then use the rest of the sauce to marinate the chicken pieces for 30 minutes.
3. Heat one tablespoon of vegetable oil in a wok or large sauté pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is really hot (but not so hot that the oil starts to smoke), add the chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken has browned on both sides and is cooked through.
4. Remove the chicken from the pan. If needed, add a second tablespoon of vegetable oil.
5. Add the onion, mushrooms, bell pepper and snap peas and stir-fry several minutes until slightly browned and crisp-tender. Add in the reserved sauce and cook several minutes to thicken. Put the chicken back in the pan and add the broccoli. Stir-fry 3-4 minutes until the broccoli is crisp-tender.
6. Serve over cooked long grain rice
Makes 3-4 servings