You Don’t Need a Bread Machine. Here’s an Easy Recipe for Sourdough Bread!
Have you ever wanted to make your own bread? Well, it’s easier than you think! No need for a bread machine with this simple recipe, brought to us by chef Byron Talbott. With just a few simple ingredients and about 8-9 hours of your time, you can bake up your very own load of sourdough bread. Imagine the way this will make your house smell! This is the perfect exploratory recipe for bakers who are just starting out, or for those curious foodies who love to try new things in the kitchen. Watch the video below to see how it’s done.
Who knew that your very own homemade bread was so easy to accomplish? No bakery will be able to get your bread as fresh as what’s about to come out of your own oven. Imagine toasting this for sandwiches or morning toast? It must be unbelievably delicious.
Fair warning: to get right to the recipe and skip the little promo, go to 1:35…just if you feel like you need to save yourself that minute and thirty-five seconds.
– 1/2 cup bread flour
– 1/2 cup warm water
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 1 tbsp dry active yeast
– 1/2-3/4 cup bread flour
– Pinch of salt
2. Add more flour, then turn this over onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until it becomes a nice, smooth ball.
3. Put the dough back in the bowl and dust with cornflour. Let it sit for about an hour or until it doubles in size.
4. Dust parchment paper with cornmeal, flour your hands, and turn the dough onto the parchment paper. Score the top a little to let out the steam as it cooks.
5. Bake at 425 F. for about 20 minutes.
6. Let cool for about 30 minutes before eating.