Tasty Fall Meal That You Can Bake Right Inside a Pumpkin
Lovers of fall and everything pumpkin have known for a while now that the most festive way to enjoy warm, savory soups is from a bowl made out of the orange squash. If you count yourself among them, then you are going to adore this idea that takes pumpkin-bowls one step further: cooking directly inside the pumpkin! It’s easier than you might think, and so deliciously clever. PureWow shows us how.
– One 3 to 4 pound cheese pumpkin (Also known as a “Long Island cheese pumpkin,” this kind is a widely-available variety with dense, sweet flesh perfect for baking and cooking. It’s typically flat, lightly-ribbed and buff-colored, and resembles a wheel of cheese.)
– 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
– 3 sprigs fresh thyme
– 1 leek, halved and thinly sliced
– 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
– 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
– 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Get your full printable recipe over on the PureWow site and tell us if you give this dish a try! Have you ever cooked anything inside a pumpkin before? Are you familiar with cheese pumpkins? What other things do you think you could cook or bake inside a pumpkin?