Wow! S’mores Pull-Apart Bread! I’m Making This for My Next Party!
Tear-and-share bread is a party favorite! And it’s easy to see why. Shareable, delicious bread with a savory dipping sauce? Um, yes, please. But what about a sweet twist on your usual pull-apart bread? This s’mores monkey bread is an actual dream come true, no exaggeration necessary. Your party guests will be going crazy for this gooey pull-apart bread smothered in chocolate fudge, mini-marshmallows and graham cracker bits – on second thought, maybe you should keep this dessert for yourself…
S’MORES MONKEY BREAD
For the biscuit dough:
– 3 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 tablespoon baking powder
– 2 teaspoons salt
– 2 sticks unsalted butter, cold and cubed
– 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
For the monkey bread:
– Baking spray with flour
– 1 cup graham crackers
– 3/4 cup sugar
– Prepared biscuit dough*
– 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
– 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
– 6 tablespoons butter, melted
– 1/2 cup caramel sauce
For the garnish:
– 1/4 cup heavy cream
– 1/4 cup chocolate chunks
– 1/2 cup marshmallow fluff
– Mini marshmallows
– Chocolate chunks
– 1/4 cup graham crackers, crushed roughly
2. To make biscuit dough: In a food processor, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and butter. Pulse until a sandy dough forms. Stream in cream just until the dough comes together.
3. To make monkey bread: Using a tablespoon measuring spoon, portion out the dough into balls and place on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper. 4. Working one ball at a time, knead dough a few times in your hands and flatten in your palm. Place 4 to 5 chocolate chunks and 2 mini marshmallows in the center of each dough and the fold the dough to create a ball. Continue with the remaining dough. Reserve any remaining chocolate chunks and marshmallows for garnish.
5. In a small bowl combine graham cracker crumbs with sugar. Take each ball and dip first into melted butter, and then roll in graham cracker, sugar mixture. Distribute balls evenly into bundt pan and then refrigerate for 20 minutes.
6. Then pour a 1/2 cup of caramel sauce all over the monkey balls.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
8. To make ganache: Place chocolate chunks in a heat safe bowl, and microwave heavy cream for a minute at a time, until it starts to simmer. Pour over chocolate, let stand for a minute, and whisk to combine.
9. To make toasted marshmallow fluff: In another small sauce pot over medium heat, melt marshmallow fluff, and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the fluff has changed from bright white, to a tan color, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
10. As soon as the bread is done, remove from the bundt pan and allow to cool for an additional 5 minutes on the serving platter.
11. To garnish: Spread ganache over the top of the finished bread, and then drizzle with toasted marshmallow fluff. Sprinkle the top with reserved marshmallows, chocolate chunks, and crushed graham crackers.