Chocolate and peanut butter are the perfect pair, whether it’s the holidays or just any old day. So these peanut butter cookies that join with the beauty of s’mores looks pretty much like perfection. Sally’s Baking Addiction gives us the recipe to these delicious cookies:
Here’s what you need:
-1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened to room temperature
-1/2 cup dark brown sugar
-1/4 cup granulated sugar
-1 large egg
-3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
-1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
-12 large marshmallows (cut in half)
-8 oz. melting chocolate
Here’s what you do:
- Cream butter and sugars today in a large bowl with a stand mixer paddle attachment on medium speed.
- Mix in peanut butter, egg and vanilla, in that order.
- Gently mix in the baking soda and flour, being sure not to over mix.
- Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll your chilled dough into balls (about 1 1/2 tbsp each). Place the balls on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place half of a marshmallow on top of each cookie, gently pressing down into each cookie.
- Return cookie sheets to over for 2-3 more minutes, then remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- As the cookies are cooling, melt the chocolate according to its packaging’s instructions. Then, spoon about 1 tsp of chocolate over each marshmallow half and swirl around with the back of a teaspoon.
- Top with sprinkles if you wish and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 7 days.
Photo credit: Sally’s Baking Addiction