S’More Tasty Fun With S’mores Blondies
We’ve been on bit of a brownie kick lately, but we’re also big fans of their golden cousins: blondies! These vanilla dessert bars get an extra dose of delicious from Crazy for Crust, topping them with a take on s’mores that makes us long for summer even more than we already are.
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter
– 2 cups brown sugar, packed
– 2 eggs
– 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 cup Nutella or other chocolate spread
– 4 to 5 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9-by-13 inch pan with foil and spray well with cooking spray.
- Mix the butter and brown sugar with a stand or a hand mixer until crumbly.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Mix in the salt, baking powder and finally the flour.
- Spread the mixture in the prepared pan. It will be wet, so it’s best to spray your hands with cooking spray and then smooth the dough with your hands to get an even layer.
- Bake for about 22 to 25 minutes, until they start to turn golden. They may look under-baked, but that’s OK! They’ll continue to bake as they cool, so take them out of the oven and allow them to cool completely.
- Frost the blondies with the chocolate spread and top with the marshmallows.
- Stick the blondies back in the oven and broil on high for about 1 to 2 minutes, watching them closely to make sure the marshmallows don’t burn.
Once the marshmallows are added and softened, these blondies should be eaten the same day— as if we could stop you!