The Perfect Grab-and-Go Breakfast That Won’t Hurt Your Waistline
For such a popular breakfast item, muffins are, well, kind of bad for you. At the very least, that baked good full of carbohydrates and sugars both added and sometimes-natural isn’t good for you, but it IS convenient, and definitely tasty. So what’s one to do when staring at this new year in which we pledged to eat more healthily? Make these “Slimmer Muffins” instead! SORTED Food demonstrates how to make these easy, no-white-sugar-added muffins that are packed full of better-for-you ingredients, with a touch of fruit AND veggie. Check them out!
– 7 tablespoons (100 grams) butter, melted
– 2 eggs
– 1 tablespoon natural yoghurt
– 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
– A little over 2/3 cup (150 grams) brown sugar
– 3/4 cup (100 grams) whole wheat self-raising flour
– 1 ounce (30 grams) porridge oats
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1 pinch salt
– 1 carrot
– 2 green apples
– 1 pinch orange zest
What a healthy start to the day! If you want to give these fun and delicious muffins a try, check out SORTED Food’s website for their full, printable recipe. Have you ever made muffins with apples and carrots before? Do you think this idea is a better way to breakfast?