Simple Solution for Keeping Your Toilet Clean
We don’t think anyone actually enjoys cleaning toilets, but unfortunately, it’s a job that must be done. However, you can make the job a lot easier by making these fizzies. Just drop them in the toilet to clean and eliminate smells in a pinch. All You shows us how it’s done:
Here’s what you’ll need to make the fizzies:
-1 cup baking soda
-1/4 cup citric acid
-1/2 teaspoon vinegar
-1 tablespoon hydrogen peroxide
-15 to 20 drops essential oil
-Spray bottle (optional)
And here’s how you make them:
- Add baking soda to a mixing bowl. Use a fork to break up any clump.
- Add in citric acid (or powdered produce preservative).
- Mix together vinegar and hydrogen peroxide in a small glass. Then, drop by drop, add this mixture to the baking soda mixture.
- Add essential oils and mix gently. You can use any oil you want, but something fresh-smelling (lavender, wintergreen, etc.) tend to work best.
- Use a 1/2 tsp to scoop and mold mixture into small half rounds. Tap the half rounds onto a parchment-covered sheet pan. If you want, spritz rounds with equal parts vinegar and water to create a crust (helps keep the fizzies together).
- Allow to dry for at least 4 hours (or overnight).
- Put dried fizzies in a glass jar and place near toilet for easy use whenever needed. And make sure you label the jar!