Here’s a Genius New Way to Use a Shower Curtain
Everyone knows that your bathroom isn’t complete without a shower curtain hanging over your bathtub! Shower curtains aren’t just great for their intended purpose – keeping water in the shower and off your bathroom floor – they also act as a great pop of color for your bathroom decor. The shower curtain is the largest thing in your bathroom and the thing your eye tends to go immediately to, so it acts perfectly as a colorful addition for your shower.
However, shower curtains aren’t just great for jazzing up showers. They also act as great wall decor, too!
Shower curtains come in so many patterns, colors, and designs that you can find just about anything to compliment your decor. Then, with a little creativity, you can turn that curtain into a blown-up piece of wall art.
Here’s how blogger Jenny, from Ava Blake Creations, turned a stylish shower curtain into art in just a few simple steps!
- Wood casings
- Measuring tape
- Paint/spray paint
- Wall upholstery
- Shower curtain
- Start by measuring how large you want your shower curtain art to be; remember, it’s fabric, so you can easily cut it to size.
- Use said measurements to cut the wood casings. You’ll be cutting four sides; you’re basically creating a giant frame.
- Paint the wooden casings any color you would like (she goes for a gorgeous metallic gold.) Let the wood dry before continuing.
- Start by nailing the upholstery and curtain to the top piece of the frame. You can use this as a starting point for where to hang it on the wall.
- Once you’ve selected where you’d like the frame to hang, nail the top wooden piece into the wall. Pulling the curtain taunt, continue adding sides to the frame until it’s complete.
Let it be known that this craft can be used to jazz up a wall in any room. The reason this works best for the bathroom is because of the nature of shower curtain fabric; you now have artwork that won’t be warped by the moisture of a hot shower. In general, this is a great decor hack for muggy areas of the world.
If you’re going to use this wall decor idea, make sure to let your imagination go wild! The whole point of this DIY is to spring for something bright, bold, and complimentary to your decor. Check out some shower curtain designs at Wayfair and Society 6 (which is where Jenny found her beautiful curtain of choice!) before you choose the one you want; with the right selection, you could completely transform the look of any room.
What do you think of this brilliant decor DIY? Are you going to try this in your bathroom or somewhere else in your home? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.