If Your Family Likes Mac & Cheese, Make THIS Easy Variation Instead!
Who doesn’t love mac and cheese? We certainly do. If your family can’t get enough of the cheesy goodness of traditional mac and cheese, try mixing it up and trying this unique dinner tonight! This twist on mac and cheese combines the zesty flavors of lemon and the creaminess of ricotta cheese into a dish your family will be asking for again and again. Watch the video below to see how you can upgrade your mac and cheese with this simple recipe.
This spin on our favorite cheesy pasta isn’t just perfectly simple for a weeknight dinner, it’s also great if you’re feeding a crowd, or if you need to bring something to the neighborhood potluck! It’s easy to make in bulk and is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
Our favorite thing about this recipe is that it doesn’t require any extra-fancy ingredients. The kind you have to go to the organic food store two towns over specifically to buy…that can be such a pain in the neck.
This recipe requires fresh ingredients, but many that you probably have at home right now, and others that are easy to get a hold of. Just because the recipe is out-of-this-world delicious doesn’t mean it has to be out-of-this-world complicated.
What do you think of this zesty pasta recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
LEMON RICOTTA PASTA
– Fresh lemons
– Olive oil
– Whole milk ricotta
– Shredded Parmesan
– Lemon zest
– Sea salt
1. Bring water to a boil, adding a pinch of salt. Add your pasta and cook until al dente. Once cooked, drain and put pasta into a large bowl. Save that extra pasta water for later.
2. Add olive oil and toss your pasta.
3. In a separate bowl, add the ricotta and lemon zest to make a cheese mixture. Stir to combine.
4. Squeeze the juice from half a lemon into the cheese mixture. Stir to combine.
5. Add the cheese mixture to the pasta, stirring so it’s thoroughly coated. Add that extra pasta water you saved if it’s too thick.
6. Top with Parmesan and enjoy!