I’ve Never Cooked Spaghetti Like This Before! Yum!
Spaghetti is simple and easy, right? Throw it in some water, cook until tender, and top it with tomato sauce. For most people I know, that’s it, and they trust the sauce to give the dish its flavor. And while we’ll never stop loving a well-made tomato sauce, if we go back to true Tuscan traditions, there’s actually a way to cook the spaghetti so that the taste comes from the noodles themselves— and it’s SO easy. The secret? Red wine. It’s sometimes called “drunken pasta,” and Food and Wine is here to show us how it’s done.
– 5 cups water
– 3 1/4 cups dry red wine
– 3/4 pound spaghetti
– 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
– 4 small garlic cloves, thinly sliced
– 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
– 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
– 1 cup (4 ounces) walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
– 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for serving
– Freshly ground black pepper
This recipe looks so awesome, especially because you get so much taste from simple ingredients. Get your full printable copy of it over on Food and Wine’s site, give it a try, and tell us what you think! Have you ever cooked pasta this way before?