If You Love Grilled Cheese, You Need to Try This Technique!
Are you ready for some real talk about grilled cheese? According to one of our favorite cooking masters, Alton Brown, what most of us know and love as grilled cheese is actually a “griddled sandwich containing some melted cheese.” I know, I know— who really cares, right? Well, Alton Brown does, and when you see how he makes a real “grilled sandwich containing grilled cheese,” you’ll be too hungry and excited to disagree with him. After all, how can we all go wrong with another awesome grilled cheese sandwich recipe?! Just watch how it comes together.
– Four 1/2-inch slices hearty country bread
– 1 ounce unsalted butter, room temperature
– 3 ounces extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
– 3 ounces Gruyere cheese, grated
– 1 teaspoon dry mustard
– 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
– 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Oh my goodness, the sight of that melted grilled cheese is making me so hungry. I can’t wait to try this one, can you? If you need a written, printable recipe, you can get your copy here on Alton Brown’s website. Have you ever seen grilled cheese made this way before?