Pump Up Pre-made Pie Crust With A Cinnamon Twist
Who says that cinnamon is only for autumn? We say it’s great for every season and any festive occasion! This spring, spice up packaged crust and make your pies even more of a treat by spiraling in this delicious spice. PureWow shows us how to make a Cinnamon Roll Crust perfect for Easter, spring, and any time you want an extra-special treat.
This recipe obviously calls for pre-made, packaged pie crust, but you could easily adapt your favorite homemade pie crust recipe!
– 1 package pie crust
– 4 tablespoons butter, melted
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 2 teaspoons cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- On a lightly-floured surface, roll out the pie crust until it’s even and about 1/2 inch thick.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter with the sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the center of the crust. Use a spatula to spread it evenly over the entire crust.
- Starting with the side closest to you, roll the crust into a tight spiral. Slice the finished spiraled roll into 1/2-inch-thick pieces.
- On a lightly-floured surface, use a rolling pin to roll each piece into 1/4-inch-thick rounds.
- Place the pieces in a pie plate, overlapping them slightly and pressing to seal. If the pieces aren’t sticking together well, use a little water to help “glue” them. Continue until the entire pie plate is full.
- Trim any excess hanging over the edge. Use the tines of a fork to press indentations all around the edge.
- Chill the crust well before filling and baking according to your preferred pie recipe.
Easy! Have you ever made a cinnamon roll pie crust before? What are some of your favorite pie crust recipes?