Portobello Veggie Burgers
Although I love beef burgers I’ve also become quite a connoisseur of veggie burgers. If I go to a restaurant that offers a house-made veggie burger I always order it to see how it comes out. Sad to say on most occasions not well. The number one problem is veggie burgers don’t hold together well and fall apart. When I came across a tasty veggie burger recipe online I knew I had to give it a try. Check out the video below to see how it came together:
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
2 cups cubed portobello mushrooms
2 cups cooked black beans
1 cup minced broccoli
1/2 cup minced red onion
3 XL eggs
1/2 cup plus 2 TBL Panko (Japanese breadcrumb)
1 TBSP Montreal Steak Seasoning
1 TBSP Worcestershire
2 TBSP minced garlic
3/4 cup grated Parmesan
1. In a large bowl add 2 cups of black beans and mash half with a masher and leave the other half whole
2. Mix in mushrooms, finely chopped broccoli, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and Montreal Seasoning.
3. Add in 3 eggs, cheese, bread crumbs and mix gently until combined.
4. Hand form patties and coat with panko breadcrumbs (a japanese style of breadcrumbs that results in a crispier coating..
5. In a non-stick pan add 2 TBSP of Olive oil and heat over medium heat.
6. Place a patty on the pan and cook one side until browned usually 3-5 minutes. Be careful not to mash it down and make sure not to turn until it is brown. This keeps the patty from falling apart when you turn it and finally put in on your bun. When one side is done turn and cook the other side until brown.
7. I serve mine on a bun with lettuce, tomato, and some BBQ sauce.
The next time I do this recipe I will probably pulse the ingredients a few times in a food processor to give it a finer consistency to help it stick together.
This recipe originally comes from the Kitchen Whisperer.