Here’s a Brilliant Way to Eat Pineapple
Pineapple is the perfect summer fruit. The sweet, refreshing flavor screams summer and makes you feel like you’re on your own personal island vacation. Looking for a new way to serve this tropical fruit that isn’t boring or overdone? Look no further than this creative new recipe that your friends and family are going to LOVE! This is the perfect thing to bring to a potluck or barbecue, or just to make as a sweet treat for after dinner. Watch the video below to see your new favorite summertime dessert.
Pineapple has gotten a serious upgrade with this simple dessert. Just when you thought your favorite fruit couldn’t get any better!
Well, how DOES it get better than sweet pineapple, you ask? By involving a favorite summer cocktail, of course. Bring all that piña colada flavor into this sweet treat (yes, including the rum) for an extra special summertime dessert.
Piña Colada Rings
– 1 can sliced pineapple
– 1 cup rum
– 1 cup flour
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 cup pineapple juice (saved from can)
– 1 cup bread crumbs
– 1 cup shredded coconut
– 1 cup powdered sugar
– 1 cup oil
2. In one bowl, put your flour. In another, combine your 2 whisked eggs and the pineapple juice you saved. In a third mix bread crumbs and coconut.
3. Take the pineapple slices and dip them in each of the bowls.
4. In a separate bowl, make a glaze with powdered sugar and rum.
5. Pour oil in a pan over heat and fry the pineapple rings until they are brown on each side.
6. Glaze and enjoy!