Butternut squash is delicious, especially at this time of year. But it’s not the easiest to peel or cut, that’s for sure. This trick we found over at Huffington Post could make preparing your squash a whole lot easier on your hands.
Here’s what to do:
- Poke some holes in your squash, all the way around, with a fork.
- Slice off the top and bottom of the squash.
- Put your squash in the microwave and cook for 3 1/2 minutes.
- Let your squash cool, then peel the skin using a veggie peeler or knife. The skin should come off very easily (hooray!)
- Cut your squash open and scoop out the pulp and seeds.
- Prepare and cook however you’d like! And keep in mind that you won’t have to cook it as long because you already cooked it a little in the microwave.
Thanks to Huffington Post for the tip!
Check out some other great winter squash tips: