Pecan Pie Bread Pudding
Every holiday season we love to make a bread pudding. This year I want to try out this lovely Pecan Pie Bread Pudding. Bread puddings are so easy to throw together and my family and friends love them. Check out the quick recipe video below to see how easy they are to put on your table:
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
1 (16 oz) loaf day old crusty bread, cubed (alternatively, if your bread is fresh, cube it and lightly toast in a 350 F oven for 15-20 minutes- this helps the bread cubes absorb more of the custard mixture without getting too soggy)
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups half & half
½ cup salted butter
1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
¼ cup corn syrup
2 cups pecans halves
1 Tablespoon vanilla
⅛ teaspoon table salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Put the bread cubes in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, milk and half & half together. Pour over the bread and allow to soak 5 to 10 minutes. Pour bread pudding into a 9×13 greased pan.
4. In a small saucepan, melt the butter and mix with the brown sugar, corn syrup and pecans. Stir in the vanilla and salt. When the sugar has all melted and the mixture is syrupy, about five minutes, pour it into the pan of bread pudding and mix.
5. Cover the pan with foil and bake at 350 F 45 to 55 minutes, uncovering the pan after 30 minutes so the top will brown.