Is there any combination more delicious than peanut butter and chocolate? We don’t think so, and we can’t get enough of new ways of getting that sweet mix of flavor! Our new favorite is in the form of an easy-to-make pie that’s like a giant peanut butter cup, only better. Bonus— it’s no-bake, too! Watch how easily it comes together and see how long you can resist indulging.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
PEANUT BUTTER PIE
– One 14.3 ounce package Oreos
– ½ cup butter, melted
Peanut Butter Layer
– 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter
– ½ cup butter, softened
– 1 cup powdered sugar
– 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
– 1 cup chocolate chips
– ½ cup heavy cream
- In a food processor, grind up the Oreos into fine crumbs. (You can also put them in a Ziploc bag and smash them if you don’t own a food processor.) Pour in the melted butter and pulse a few more times to bring the mixture together.
- Press the crust firmly into the bottom of a 9-inch spring-form pan. Freeze for 10 minutes while you make the filling.
- Whip the 1 ½ cups peanut butter and the powdered sugar together with a hand mixer. Add in the softened butter and continue to beat until smooth and creamy.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and spread the peanut butter filling over the crust. Place back in the freezer for 30 minutes until firm.
- Bring the heavy cream to a boil. In a medium bowl, pour the heated heavy cream over the chocolate chips and the 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. Let the chocolate sit for a minute while the hot cream starts to melt it, then stir until completely melted.
- Remove the pie from the freezer and pour the chocolate into an even layer on top of the peanut butter layer.
- Refrigerate overnight, or for at least 4 hours.
Putting the pie into the freezer after adding the peanut butter layer but before adding the chocolate layer ensures that the filling will be nice and firm. That way, when you add the warm chocolate, it won’t melt and mix with the peanut butter layer as you spread it on top!
Recipe slightly adapted from Kevin and Amanda.