PB & Banana French Toast Roll-ups
French toast is one of everybody’s favorite breakfast dishes. Peanut butter and bananas are two of the best, healthiest foods with which you could start your day. So a recipe that combines the three of them and makes it a portable treat for busy, on-the-go people? It’s instantly our new favorite! That dish is Peanut Butter and Banana French Toast Roll-ups, and we’re sharing it with YOU today. Check it out!
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
PB & BANANA FRENCH TOAST ROLL-UPS
Makes 8 rolls
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
– 2 eggs
– 3 tablespoons milk
– 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
– ½ teaspoon cinnamon
– 8 slices whole wheat sandwich bread
– Peanut butter
– 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
– Confectioner’s sugar, for dusting
– Maple syrup
- Beat the eggs and milk together. Add granulated sugar and cinnamon, and mix well.
- Remove the crusts from the bread and roll each piece as thin as possible.
- Spread 2 teaspoons of peanut butter on each slice of bread.
- Place the chopped bananas along one end of each slice of peanut-buttered-bread and roll up.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Working in batches of four, dip the roll-ups in the egg mixture, then place in the hot skillet with the butter. Brown on all sides. Repeat with remaining rolls.
- Dust with confectioner’s sugar and serve with maple syrup.
- When you cut the crusts of the bread, reserve them! You can turn them into homemade croutons later and make sure you use all bits of your ingredients.