Cauliflower is an amazingly versatile vegetable, ready to jump into all kinds of recipes and make them more healthy. As much as we appreciate its ability to do that, though, sometimes we just want to enjoy it for itself! That’s when we turn to Your Produce Guy, who’s here today to show us how to bring out the best in the veggie by roasting it with some Parmesan cheese and simple spices. As a bonus, the way he mixes it all up is really fun! Check it out and enjoy a lovely, healthy meal.
– 1 medium head cauliflower
– 1 teaspoon salt
– Pepper, to taste
– 4 tablespoons olive oil
– 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 2 cloves garlic
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop the cauliflower into individual florets. Break the larger ones down into smaller pieces. Ideally, the pieces will be the same size for even cooking.
- Grate the garlic into a large plastic Ziploc bag along with the pepper. Add the olive oil and the salt.
- Put the chopped cauliflower into the bag and shake well, so that the cauliflower becomes evenly coated.
- Add the Parmesan cheese to the bag and shake until it’s distributed throughout the bag.
- Dump the cauliflower into a roasting pan and spread evenly.
- Top the cauliflower with pepper and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Turn the cauliflower every 10 minutes. When it’s finished, it will be slightly-browned and fork-tender.
So simple and delicious! What do you think of it? Do you enjoy cauliflower as much as we do?