Who Needs Pumpkins? Make the Cutest Jack-O-Lantern Cupcakes With Oranges
What’s the best way to make a delicious, miniature jack-o-lantern dessert? Throw out the pumpkin! Instead, grab the fruit that’s orange in name and color, and bake a cupcake right inside it. Yup, that’s right— a cupcake inside an orange! My Cupcake Addiction demonstrates how easy it is to do.
– 1/4 cup (30 grams) unsweetened cocoa
– 1 large egg
– 1 cup (120 grams) self-raising flour (or use plain flour and 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder)
– 1/4 cup (65 grams or 2 ounces) butter
– 1/3 cup (65 grams) sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
– 1/3 cup water or juice from your oranges
How clever is this idea? We love that it’s so good you don’t need frosting and that there’s no food coloring involved. Get your full written recipe over on My Cupcake Addiction’s site. What do you think of it? Have you baked a cupcake inside a fruit before?