We adore tacos, don’t you? They’re pretty easy to make at home, and we’d probably whip some up even more than we already do, except for one little problem: they’re so messy! Doesn’t it seem that no matter how tightly or expertly you wrap them up, the filling falls everywhere after just one bite? And if you have kids, it’s more like it EXPLODES everywhere. Thankfully, our partner Old El Paso has a solution for us: taco boats! These delicious tortillas make assembly a snap, and their miniature size means they’re perfectly-portioned to enjoy multiple servings without extra guilt. Watch— Taco Tuesday is about to get even better.
ONE-SKILLET MINI TACO BOATS
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
–1 teaspoon olive oil
–1 pound ground beef
–1 cup onion, diced
–4 cloves garlic, minced
–1 package Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
–1 – 15-ounce can tomatoes, diced
–1 – 4-ounce can Old El Paso Green Chiles, diced
–1 – 15-ounce can black beans
–Salt and pepper, to taste
–2 packages mini Old El Paso Taco Boats
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add the ground beef and brown, then add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the diced tomatoes, green chiles, taco seasoning, and the black beans. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve using mini Old El Paso taco boats and your favorite toppings!
Simply delicious! We can’t wait to top these boats with cheese! What about you? How do you like to avoid the messy of delicious tacos?
Sponsored post with our partner, Old El Paso