Who knew that one-pot recipes could be so fancy! This chicken, sausage and orzo recipe is deliciously flavorful but extremely simple to make. All you have to do is dump the ingredients into a pot and monitor your meal as it simmers, and the result is cheesy, perfectly seasoned dish that will spice up dinner in a snap! With a recipe this easy and this good, you have no excuse to not add this chicken sausage orzo dish to your lineup of weekly meals.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 (6 ounce) spicy Italian sausages, casing removed
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces, OR 2 chicken breasts, cut into bit sized pieces
- 3 cups chicken broth, plus more as needed
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh chives
- 4 tablespoons ricotta cheese to garnish
These measurements will make 4 servings. Keep this one-pot recipe in mind when you need to whip up a quick dinner!
Do you have a favorite one-pot recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.