Chicken is a weeknight dinner staple in most houses. It’s a lean, healthy meat to serve to your family and it can be whipped up quickly in a variety of fun dishes. We bet you didn’t think it was possible to make a chicken dinner any easier…guess what? There’s a way! This one-pan chicken and stuffing recipe is SO simple to make but absolutely bursting with flavor. Your family is going to be obsessed with this new way you’re serving up chicken! Watch the video below to see how to recipe is made.
Not only is this meal healthy and delicious (my mouth is watering thinking about this flavorful stuffing), but you only have one pan to clean at the end of the meal! Dinner and post-dinner clean up has never been as simple as this new family favorite.
ONE-PAN CHICKEN AND STUFFING
– 1 apple, diced large
– 2 stalks celery, diced medium
– 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
– 1 teaspoon caraway seed
– 9 ounces crusty white bread, cut into 1-inch pieces (6 cups)
– 1 cup chicken broth
– 1 whole chicken (3 1/2 to 4 pounds), cut into 10 pieces
– Salt and pepper
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2. Chop up 2 inch chunks of day-old bread, leaving the crust on. Add this to the tray.
3. Season everything on the tray with olive oil, salt, pepper, and caraway seed. Place in the oven at 450 F. for 10 minutes.
4. Once out of the oven, pour your chicken stock over everything and place your pieces of chicken on the tray. Season with salt, pepper, and rub olive oil on the skin of the chicken. This will help the chicken get nice and golden.
5. Put this back in the 450 F. oven for 25-35 minutes. Add parsley to finish and enjoy!