Your Family Will Love This One-Pan Chicken Parm
Chicken parmesan is a family favorite dinner, and for good reason! This soul-warming meal features crunchy breading surrounding moist chicken breast, covered in perfectly seasoned sauce and melted cheese. We’re hungry just thinking about it! But even if this hearty dinner is a highly requested one, traditional chicken parm is not an easy dish that you can just whip up on a hectic weekday night. Unless, of course, you’re trying this simple one-pan recipe! Forget hours of prep and baking time, this simple chicken parm only takes about 45 minutes to go from oven to table. And when you’re sick of hearing your kids are whining about where dinner is, that’s huge.
Not only is this a quick recipe to make, it’s also extremely easy! There’s no complicated breading or secret seasoning; it’s very straight-forward and very delicious. It’s also an inexpensive dinner, so you can buy these everyday ingredients with your regular weekly shopping. In fact, you probably already have some of these basic ingredients in your kitchen as we speak.
And post-dinner clean up? A breeze! With only one pan to clean, you can actually enjoy dinner without dreading the scrubbing that you’ll have to do afterwards.
What do you think of this easy one-pan chicken parm? Will you be making this simple, delicious dish for a crazy weeknight meal? Share your thoughts on the recipe in the comments section below.
One-Pan Chicken Parmesan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast fillets
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 4 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Heat olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breast fillets and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes per side side; until they’re golden brown and release easily from the pan. Remove chicken breasts from the pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet add onion and cook for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Add pasta, chicken broth, diced tomatoes and Italian seasoning. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring every 3 to 4 minutes to prevent the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Stir in spinach and return chicken to the skillet. Top the dish with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Place dish in the oven and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F and cheese is melted.