One Pan Cheese-Stuffed Meatball Recipe
These meatballs are everything meatballs should be: cheesy, saucy, easy to make and, of course, delicious. And the best thing about this Recipe Runner meatball recipe is that you could take the skillet and serve it right on the table for dinner.
Here’s what you need to make your one pan meatballs:
-1 pound lean ground turkey (or beef)
-1 egg, slightly beaten
-1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
-1 Tbsp worcestershire
-1 clove garlic, minced
-1 t. dried basil
-3/4 tsp dried oregano
-1/2 tsp kosher salt
-1/4 tsp black pepper
-4 oz mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
-1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
-3 cups marinara sauce
Here’s how it’s done:
- Combine the ground meat, egg, breadcrumbs, worcestershire, garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper in a large bowl with your hands.
- With a small ice cream scoop, scoop meatballs onto a plate or tray. Then, take a cube of mozzarella and stuff it into the center of each meatball. Be sure to cover the cheese completely with the meat. Repeat until meat mixture is gone.
- Spray a large skillet generously with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Place meatballs in skillet and brown them for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Pour in the marinara sauce evenly into the skillet and turn the heat down to medium low. Cover skillet with a lid and simmer meatballs for about 10 minutes.
- Top finished meatballs with shredded mozzarella, serve and enjoy!