How to Fold Napkins so They Look Like Bunnies
Easter’s less than a week away, but don’t worry — there’s still time to add some springtime holiday spirit to your home! Whether you’re hosting a brunch or just want to make things a little more festive, you can’t wrong with adding some adorable bunnies to the mix, and the easiest way to do that is by simply transforming some napkins.
It’s easier than you think! Just some careful folding and everybody gets her own individual Easter bunny to keep her company while she eats.
For an easy video tutorial on these bunny napkins, make sure to watch the LittleThings video below. It’s super simple to fold along as they do, and it might even be a fun craft you can do with the kids pre-brunch! However, we’ll also break the method down step-by-step below.
Start with a napkin color that’s perfect for your little bunnies; we love the idea of pink, but white or any other pastel would be perfect for your Easter settings, too! Once you’ve selected the perfect spring color, follow these steps to make an adorable napkin bunny that will make every place setting pop.
How to Make a Napkin Bunny
- Begin with folding out your napkin and flattening it to get out any wrinkles. Then fold it hotdog-style in half.
- Fold down both ends so you make a triangle.
- Fold up the bottom corners of your triangle to form a diamond.
- Fold up the bottom corners AGAIN, this time to make a kite shape.
- Fold down the top point of the “kite”, then turn the napkin triangle over.
- Tuck the two bottom corners of the triangle into one another; you’ll be left with two long “ears” at the top. Keep this in place with a binder clip.
- Once the napkin shape is secured, lay it on a flat surface. Tie a piece of twine around the middle of the “bunny” to help the corners stay folded up, and your place setting is ready to go!
In no time at all, you have an adorable piece of Easter decor for every plate! And don’t worry if you’re hosting a large group — once you get the hang of this folding technique, you’ll be able to make these in seconds. Your guests are going to be so impressed with this festive detail and any kids coming to the party are going to love their little bunny napkins!
What do you think of these bunny napkins? Will you be making these for your Easter place settings? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.