Movie Nights Just Got Healthier With 3-Ingredient Sour Patch Grapes
There’s something about watching a movie that makes us crave a combo of chewy, sweet and sour snacks. Nothing satisfies that feeling like Sour Patch Kids, but they’re so addicting we can eat an entire bag before the movie’s finished and not even realize it until it’s too late! If you have the same problem, you’re going to love this idea from My Fridge Food. It transforms grapes into a movie-night snack that is much healthier but no less addicting!
All You’ll Need:
– 1 pound of fresh green grapes
– 1 watermelon Jell-O packet
– 1 sugar-free lemon Jell-O packet
- Rinse the grapes well.
- In a small plastic bag, mix the two Jell-O flavor packets together. Pour a small bit of the mix onto a plate.
- Add a few damp grapes – make sure they’re not dripping wet – to the plate and roll them around in the mix to coat them with the Jell-O flavors.
- Repeat with the rest of the grapes, adding a little more Jell-O mix to the plate as you need.
- Put the coated grapes in a bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
That’s it! According to My Fridge Food, the longer the grapes sit, the better they’ll taste. The coated grapes will have a slightly yellow, glittering look to them— just like Sour Patch Kids! You can also try this trick with different flavor combinations of both green and red grapes, and other Jello-O flavors. Which will you try? Have you ever tried making your own candies before? What are your other favorite alternatives to addictive movie-night snacks?