This Mexican-Style Lasagna Is Even Delicious for Brunch
That’s right, MEXICAN lasagna! This fun and easy dish is taking the essence of the Italian version – those layers of meat and veggies and tomatoes and cheese – and swaps in south-of-the-border ingredients for a spicy twist. It’s so simple to make, and it can work for whatever meal you want! Sarah Carey of Martha Stewart’s Everyday Food shows us how to make it.
– 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
– 4 scallions coarsely chopped
– Coarse salt and ground pepper
– 10 ounces fresh baby spinach
– Nonstick cooking spray
– Eight 6-inch corn tortillas
– One 15.5 ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
– 1 cup prepared salsa (mild or medium)
– 8 ounces (about 2 cups) pepper Jack cheese, grated
The full printable recipe is available over on the Everyday Food site, so grab your copy there! What do you think of it? Have you ever seen any other inspired twists on lasagna or other traditional dishes?