Melting Snowman Marshmallow Cookies Will Liven Up Any Holiday Gathering
These adorable little cookies are sure to be the talk of any party. The base is a basic sugar cookie, but marshmallows, chocolate frosting and red fondant give these snowmen personality, making them even more fun to eat.
Here’s what you need:
-1 1/3 cup butter
-1/2 – 3/4 cups of granulated sugar
-1 large egg
-2.5 cups flour
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-pinch of salt
-1 bag of marshmallows
Here’s what you do:
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and mix until you’ve formed a smooth dough.
- Wrap dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- When cookies are cool, roll out the dough and cut out round cookies with a cookie cutter.
- Arrange cookies on a baking sheet keeping a small space between each cookie. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven to cool. Once cool, ice then with desired white frosting and top them with one marshmallow each. Use red fondant for their scarves and chocolate frosting (using a pastry bag or a ziploc bag with the tip cut off) for their hands. Use these same things to create the snowmen’s faces on the marshmallows.
Photo and recipe credit: Moje Wypieki