When the sun is out and the living is easy, what’s better than a nice, fresh margarita? Well, our margarita grilled chicken might give the classic summer drink a run for its money. The next time you fire up the grill, grab some chicken, limes, oranges, and tequila. We’re not making cocktails this time. With a little help from Old El Paso® Chicken Taco Seasoning mix, we’re grilling up a chicken dish that’s bursting with smokey, citrusy flavor. Watch how easily this dish comes together!
Margarita Grilled Chicken
Prep Time: 10 Min
Start to Finish: 45 Min
- 1 orange
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso® Chicken Taco Seasoning mix
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 1/2 lb)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Cooked white rice, if desired
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Grate 1/2 teaspoon peel from orange; grate 1/2 teaspoon peel from lime. Cut orange and lime in half; set aside.
- In gallon-size resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix orange and lime peels, tequila, honey, oil and taco seasoning mix. Add chicken; seal bag. Shake until chicken is evenly coated. Refrigerate at least 10 minutes but no longer than 2 hours.
- Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Discard any remaining marinade. Cover grill; cook 12 to 15 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F). Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place halved orange and lime, cut sides down, on grill. Cook 3 to 6 minutes, until cut side is charred. Cool slightly, then cut into wedges.
- Top chicken with cilantro; serve with charred citrus wedges and rice.
Obviously, the best pairing for this meal is its namesake — serve with a cool, fresh margarita!
Want even more authentic tequila flavor? Use agave nectar in place of the honey.
This is a sponsored post, paid for by our partner Old El Paso®.