Lucky No-Bake Shamrock Pops
No matter what our backgrounds are or what holidays we observe, we all celebrate with food. St. Patrick’s Day is no different, and with it comes the challenge of keeping picky kids happy. Gather the whole family into the kitchen for these fun-to-make and fun-to-eat Shamrock Pretzel Pops from Kenmore Community. It’s a perfect St. Paddy’s Day activity, whether you’re Irish, Irish-at-heart, or just big fans of the color green!
– 1 bag of plain M&M’s, with the green ones sorted out
– 1 bag of mini pretzels
– 1 bag of Rolos
– Lollipop sticks (Kenmore recommends the Wilton brand)
– Parchment Paper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the pretzels in groups of three in the shape of clovers, like so:
- Place a Rolo in the center of each clover.
- Bake the pretzel-Rolo clovers for 3 minutes, or until the Rolos have just begun to melt.
- While the clovers are still warm, carefully insert lollipop sticks through the Rolos and place an M&M in the center of each one. The Rolos will cool quickly, so work as fast as you can!
- Once all the clovers are complete, allow them to cool completely before pulling them off the baking sheet.
One of the best things about this recipe is how easily it can be adapted for all families and dietary needs. Use gluten-free pretzels for a gluten-free snack, or make the centers multi-colored for an Easter, spring or rainbow party! How would you adapt this snack? What are some of your favorite foods to make with your kids?