Loaded Breakfast Nests Are the Perfect Way to Start the Day
These adorable little breakfast nests look like the perfect way to start any day. Kids are bound to love the taste almost as much as they love the fact that they look like little bird nests. And you’ll love how easy it is to make a bunch of these at once for your hungry family. MyFridgeFood has the recipe for this breakfast idea:
Here’s what you’ll need:
-15 oz frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
-1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
-1 Tbsp olive oil
-8 medium eggs
-Salt and pepper to taste
-2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
-1 Tbsp Cheddar cheese, shredded
-1/2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
-2 avocados, sliced and chilled (optional, but delicious)
And here’s how you make them:
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix together the hash browns, salt, pepper, olive oil and 1 cup of the Cheddar cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Grease a muffin tin. Then divide your hash brown mixture evenly between the muffin cups. Pack mixture tightly, shaping each cup into “nests” with your fingers.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes, or until the edges have browned and the cheese is melted.
- Remove muffin pan from oven and reduce the temperature to 350 degrees.
- Crack a medium egg into each nest, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with crumbled bacon, parsley and 1 Tbsp Cheddar cheese.
- Put the tin bake in the oven and bake at 350 for about 13-16 minutes, or until egg whites set.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Then gently slide a knife along the edges. Use a fork to lift each next out of the pan.
- Serve with chilled avocado slices if you’d like! You could also serve with toast, a fruit salad, or anything else your heart desires.