We’re constantly on the lookout for easy summer recipes that are lighter, tasty, and can be made without much fuss or heat. So when we partnered with Old El Paso® and came up with this lighter southwestern chicken salad recipe, we knew we’d hit the summer jackpot. Not only does this recipe involve zero cooking time (thanks to store-bought rotisserie chicken); the presentation is absolutely stunning. Just imagine the looks on your family’s faces when they sit down to their own individual chicken salad “boats” at dinner time. They’re bound to be impressed, and you’re bound to be proud of the fact that you got a beautiful dinner on the table, without heating up the kitchen, in less than 15 minutes. Watch how easily this recipe comes together!
Lighter Southwestern Chicken Salad Taco Boats
Lighter Southwestern Chicken Salad
- 4 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso® Chicken Taco Seasoning mix
- Plus 6 Old El Paso® Whole Wheat Taco Boats to serve
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
- Toss chicken mixture together with the spinach and serve in Old El Paso® Whole Wheat Taco Boats.
This is a sponsored post, paid for by our partner Old El Paso®.