Here’s How to Survive 9 Dangerous Situations
Being trapped in a plummeting elevator or being struck by lighting might seem like an unlikely situation to be stuck in, but the truth is you never know when scenarios like these may occur. The best thing to do is to be prepared for these dangers, no matter how silly it might seem! Better safe than sorry, right?
Here are nine tips that will help you get out of a few life-threatening situations alive.
What to Do When…Your Car is Sinking in Water
- Quickly unbuckle.
- Open up your window before the car submerges.
- If it cannot be opened, break the window at the corners to escape.
- If there are children driving with you, push them out the window first.
- Can’t escape through the window? Wait for the car to be fully submerged, then open up the door and follow the bubbles; they will indicate which way to swim.
What to Do When…You’re Caught in a Rip Current
If you still get stuck in the tide, here’s what you need to do:
- Don’t struggle against the current or attempt to swim back to shore.
- Swim parallel to the shore until you’ve escaped the pull of the current. Only then, swim to shore.
What to Do When…You’re Stuck in a Falling Elevator
- Lay on the floor of the elevator, spreading your legs as far as you can to take up as much room as possible.
- Put one arm behind your head to protect against it banging on the ground and the other arm over your face to protect yourself from debris.
- DO NOT squat or try to balance yourself by bending your knees.
- DO NOT try to jump at the moment of impact.
For the rest of these life-saving tips, make sure to watch the video below. What did you think of these survival tips? Do you have any tips for dangerous situations like these? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.