If You Like Lemon Shake-Ups, You’ll Love This Easy Dessert!
Nothing screams summer like the taste of sweet and tart lemon! And few drinks are as refreshing in the summer as a lemon shake-up. This classic fair drink is essentially very fresh lemonade, shaken thoroughly so all the sugar added in dissolves completely. It is such a refreshing and delicious treat! If you love lemon shake-ups, or lemon in general, then you are going to go crazy for this dessert – lemon shake-up mini tarts. Watch the video below to see how you can capture all the flavor of this favorite summer drink in a simple dessert.
These little tarts would be perfect for a backyard barbecue or potluck! They’re single-serve desserts, so they’re easy for guests to take on-the-go, and they’re just absolutely adorable. Who wouldn’t want these on their party spread?
What’s more, you’d be hard-pressed to find a dessert with all the bright, fun flavors of summer in such a simple recipe.
What do you think of this lemon tart recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
LEMON SHAKE-UP TARTS
– Pre-made pastry cups
– Cooking spray
– 2 whole eggs
– 2 egg yolks
– 2 Meyer lemons (zest and juice from both)
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 4 tbsp. butter
2. In a bowl, crack your eggs and add your yolks. Add sugar and lemon zest. Whisk together.
3. Squeeze your lemons to get the juice. Add to your mixture and whisk.
4. Pour the mixture into a pan over medium heat, stir until it thickens.
5. Once thickened, pour the curds into an ice bath – which is a smaller bowl in a bigger bowl filled with ice. While it’s still a little warm, whisk in 4 tbsp. of butter, one pad at a time.
6. Put a pastry bag into a jar/cup and fold it over the top. Fill with the mixture. Twist the opening shut and then snip the top to make a piping bag.
7. Fill each pastry cup with the filling. Pop in the freezer for about an hour.
8. Top with cream and sugar.