“Kool” Down and Chow Down with Kool-Aid Snow Cone Cupcakes
Love the taste of snow cones but wish they had a little more substance? Always on the look-out for new cupcake twists? A big fan of treats that look like other favorites? Then you’ll love these Kool-Aid Snow Cone Cupcakes! Watch and learn how to make this latest “food impostor” from Cookies, Cupcakes and Cardio.
– Your favorite vanilla cupcakes
– Your favorite vanilla buttercream
– 1 cup water
– 2 cups granulated sugar
– 1 package Kool-Aid (per desired flavor and color)
– Colored sanding sugars
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, bring the sugar and water to a boil. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove the sugar-water from the heat and stir in the Kool-Aid packet.
- Set aside and let cool completely. Repeat for each color and flavor of syrup you want.
- Once cool, store in a sealed, refrigerated container.
- Prepare your cupcakes and buttercream according to your favorite recipes.
- Pipe a topping of icing onto a cupcake using a round tip, or spread on with a spatula.
- Turn the cupcake upside down, and press the icing into the colored sanding sugar.
- Dip the sugar-covered icing sugar into the snow cone syrup and immediate turn right-side-up.
- Place on a paper towel to absorb leakage and let the syrup soak in.
- Repeat for desired number of cupcakes.
Cute! I think these would be perfect for a summer birthday party. What about you? Will you give these cupcakes a try? Do you think you’ll use the syrup recipe for these cupcakes, regular snow cones, or both?