Light, Fluffy & Delicious. This Cake is Nothing Like Anything You’ve Seen Before
Spending more time indoors during these colder months doesn’t mean we have to miss out on adventure. Instead, let’s take a culinary journey in our kitchens and try something new and exciting! This “Cotton Cheesecake” is a Japanese confection concocted by TabiEats, and it’s like nothing we’ve tried before. Check out how good this looks!
– 1 cup (8 ounces) cream cheese
– 4 tablespoons (2 ounces) butter
– 5 to 6 tablespoons (2 ounces) cake flour
– About 3 tablespoons (1 ounce) cornstarch
– 1/4 teaspoon cream of tarter
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 5/8 cup (5 ounces) granulated sugar
– 6 eggs
– 6 tablespoons (3 fluid ounces) milk
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit. Line or grease an 8-inch cake pan.
- Combine the cream cheese, milk and butter. Heat in a double boiler and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Separate the eggs.
- Sift the flour, cornstarch and salt into the cream cheese mixture. Mix until well incorporated.
- Add the egg yolks and lemon juice. Mix until combined. Set aside.
- Whisk the egg whites with the cream of tarter and sugar until stiff peaks form. This mixture is your meringue.
- Add 1/3 of the meringue into the egg-yolk-and-cream-cheese mixture and fold in. Continue with the rest of the meringue, 1/3 at a time, folding in gently until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and surround the pan with a water bath. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Chill overnight and serve.
How sweet does this dish look? It’s a great alternative to traditionally heavy winter treats! Get more information over on TabiEats and tell us what you think!