Think you need a lot of time and fancy equipment to make homemade ice cream? Think again. If you have a food processor and some frozen strawberries, you can have the delicious creamy treat whenever the craving strikes. Watch Hey! It’s Mosogourmet!! show us how it’s done. Her video may be silent, but ice cream is a universal language— and we’ve got the recipe after the jump.
– 14 ounces strawberries
– 1/4 cup sugar
– Juice from half a lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
– 2/3 cup heavy cream
If you already have frozen strawberries, just skip to step 3!
- Hull the strawberries, and cut the large ones into half-inch pieces.
- Put the strawberries in a plastic bag and freeze for 8 to 10 hours.
- Put the frozen strawberries in a food processor and grind coarsely.
- Add the sugar and the lemon juice, and mix briefly.
- Add the heavy cream and mix.
- Serve in bowls, topped with sliced strawberries.
Easy! How does this one compare to other ice cream recipes you’ve used in the past?