These brownies are so sinfully good, they should probably be illegal. And we bet once you make them, you won’t be able to stop at one. You basically make these by layering some of our favorite sweets: cookie dough, Oreos and brownie batter. What’s Gaby Cooking shows us how it’s done:
And here’s the full recipe:
For the brownie layer:
-10 tbsp unsalted butter
-1 1/4 cups white sugar
-3/4 cup cocoa powder
-1/2 tsp salt
-2 tsp vanilla extract
-2 large eggs
-1/2 cup AP flour
For the Oreo layer:
1 package of Oreo (regular stuffed or double stuffed)
For the cookie dough layer:
-1/2 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
-1/4 cup brown sugar
-3/4 cup white sugar
-1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
-1 1/4 cups AP flour
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
And here’s what you do:
- For the brownies: Melt the butter over medium high heat in a medium saucepan. Add sugar and cocoa powder once the butter is melted. Whisk to combine and remove from heat. Add in salt, vanilla and eggs and whisk until the eggs are combined. Add the flour and continue to mix. Set batter aside.
- For the cookie dough layer: Cream together the butter and sugars in a mixer. Add in eggs and vanilla, taking care to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix on low until everything is well incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips. Set dough aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the bottom of a 9″x9″ pan with tin foil, the spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer cookie dough on the bottom, followed by a single layer of Oreos.
- Pour brownie batter all over the top of the Oreo layer. Make sure that it’s as even as possible.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool, then try not devour them all at once!