Potato Waffles – Perfect for Any Meal of the Day
We love eating waffles, especially when we do breakfast for dinner. But we can’t help feeling guilty when we do that, since it can feel like eating dessert instead of a meal. So we were delighted to find this savory compromise, courtesy of SORTEDfood! Taking inspiration from a classic kugel recipe, these waffles are made out of potatoes and have bacon and cheese mixed into the batter. Does it get any better? We think not! Check them out and see for yourself.
– 16 rashers (slices) smoked streaky bacon
– 1 onion
– 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
– 4 eggs
– 1 ½ pounds (800 grams) medium white potatoes
– ⅓ cup (40 grams) cornflour (cornstarch)
– ½ cup (40 grams) Parmesan
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
– Fresh chives
– 1 dollop sour cream
Oh, these waffles look good! We love this savory take, and we really will eat them any time of day. What do YOU think of them? If you want to give them a try, grab the full recipe over on SORTEDfood’s site and tell us how they turn out!