Looking to add a sweet touch to some of your gifts this year? By using your crock pot, you can create a large batch of candy that’s perfect for wrapping up in pretty cellophane and gifting to friends and family this holiday season. We got this great recipe from The Slow Roasted Italian:
Here’s what you need:
-34.5 oz honey roasted dry roasted peanuts (like planters)
-32 oz almond bark (vanilla flavored)
-12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
-4 oz German chocolate bar (by Baker’s)
-optional garnish: sprinkles or crushed candy canes
And here’s what you do:
- Layer all of your ingredients into a crock pot, beginning with the peanuts.
- Cover and cook on low for an hour (do not stir).
- After an hour, stir, then cover and continue to cook, stirring every 15-20 minutes, for another hour. (Total cooking time should be 2 hours).
- Line your countertop of table with a long piece of parchment paper.
- Turn off the crockpot and use a 1 tbsp scooper to scoop candy out onto the parchment paper, making sure hot candy pieces don’t touch each other.
- Top with your favorite garnish, allow to cool, and enjoy!
Photo credit: The Slow Roasted Italian