Just in time for the holidays, here’s a minty treat you’ll want to make the next time you bake. These rich, chocolatey brownies are almost like fudge! Here’s what you need to make this decadent dessert:
-4 oz unsweetened chocolate
-1 cup butter
-2 cups sugar
-1 cup flour
-1/2 tsp salt
-6 tbsp butter (softened)
-3 cups powdered sugar
-3 tbsp heavy cream
-1 tbsp mint extract
-1/4 tsp vanilla
-4 drops green food coloring
-1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
-1/2 cup heavy cream
-2 tsp vanilla
Here’s what you do:
To Make the Brownies:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9×13 baking pan
- Melt chocolate and butter together in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments until melted. Be sure to stir between increments.
- Mix in eggs and sugar until smooth
- Add flour and mix until it is fully incorporated
- Pour the batter into your greased pan and bake for 20-25 minutes
To Make the Frosting:
Cream the butter in a medium mixing bowl. Then add powdered sugar, mint extract, milk, vanilla and green food coloring. Beat until smooth, then spread over your cooled brownies.
To Make the Chocolate Ganache:
Mix together chocolate chips and cream in a small microwavable bowl. Heat in 30 second increments (stirring between increments) until smooth and melted. Remove from microwave and stir in the vanilla. Spread this over your frosting and enjoy!
Thanks to Chef in Training for the recipe!